On this day 20 years ago I began my journey with ICKF Karate School. I would like to say a heartfelt thank you; to my family for their unwavering love, support and guidance over the years, my teachers for their inspiring, interesting and challenging lessons and to all of the ICKF students, parents & families who enjoy what we do and value what we practice. Thank you for your support over the past 20 years, I am truly grateful.
Here is a look at some of our successes over the past 20 years:
- ICKF Karate School has produced 38 black belts (all graded by Hanshi Higashi 10th Dan who is a Grandmaster of Chito Ryu Karate Do) including one 5th Dan Renshi, one 4th Dan, four 3rd Dan including one Jun Shidoin and three 2nd Dan.
- In the area of competition karate we have had great success; ICKF has produced 22 students who qualified on to the Ontario team to compete nationally and 12 students who have represented Canada internationally. ICKF students have competed across Canada and all over the world in countries such as Japan, Australia, Norway, Chile, El Salvador, Spain, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, USA and Argentina.
- ICKF students have won gold and or medaled at prestigious competitions such as; The World Chito Ryu Karate Championships (Soke Cup), The World Police & Fire Games, The US Open, The Commonwealth Karate Championships, The Pan American Junior Championships, The North American Cup, The Junior International Cup, The Canadian Championships (Karate Canada), The Canadian Bogu Cup Championships, The Ontario Championships (grand prix/selection), The Ontario Summer Games.
- ICKF has qualified students to 12 Jr Pan American Championships
- Ontario team coach for 7 years, Canadian team coach for 2013 Jr Pan Ams
- Voted #1 Martial Arts Club in the 2019 Oshawa Whitby This Week Readers Choice Awards-Voted #1 Martial Arts Instructor in the 2019 Oshawa Whitby This Week Readers Choice Awards
- Our greatest achievement is what we do on the daily, the daily training that we do day in and day out! Training as a Martial Art with everyone working to be a little better than we were the day before.
We have built so many great long lasting relationships together over the years, so many people have grown up at the dojo. I am so proud of the fantastic positive energy that we have at ICKF.
I would like to take a moment to thank all of the Dojo Senpai (senior students), you are golden and are great examples to everyone at the Dojo. Thank you for your support.
20 years has flown by. I am extremely fortunate to live my passion for Chito Ryu Karate Do. I am just as excited today as I was 20 years ago to teach, train and work with everyone!
Happy 20th Anniversary everyone!
See you in class